Good day! Magandang hapon po!
I’ve told you that I am currently in the Philippines right
now doing my PPL program (if you forgot you should re-read this post LOL). This is my 5th day in Philippines. To be
exact, I am in one of the best campus in the Philippines, that is Pangasinan
State University (PSU) in Lingayen, Pangasinan, Philippines.
Oh, did you just wondered how could I get into the PSU? Well
I will happily explain it to you.
As I said before, there are certain programs that the 7th
semester student have to do. One of them is PPL. PPL is an abbreviation of
Program Pengalaman Lapangan, or Field
Experience Program. The PPL program is one of the activities that must be
carried out by every FKIP students (Faculty of Teacher Training and Education) of
7th semester to achieve an undergraduate degree in education.
In my campus, there are another program being offered but
has the same purpose as a regular PPL. This program is basically the same as
PPL. Instead of teaching in local schools, this program allowed us to go abroad
to teach in another country. This program is called SEA Teacher Project by
SEAMEO.
The SEA Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher
Exchange in Southeast Asia” is a project that aims to provide opportunity for
pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have
teaching experiences (practicum) in schools in other countries in Southeast
Asia.
I also explained in the previous post that I joined the
program. I passed the test conducted by my campus officials for SEA Teacher
Project and got placed in Pangasinan State University (PSU), Philippines. I was
very shocked and grateful. Going abroad is my biggest dream!
According to Wikipedia, Pangasinan State University was founded in 1979. PSU is notable for its many locations throughout the province of Pangasinan. Its main campus is located in Lingayen, Pangasinan. Other campuses are located in Alaminos City, Asingan, Bayambang, Binmaley, Infanta, San Carlos City, Santa Maria, and Urdaneta City. PSU offered A LOT of programs, such as: Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Pure, CIT and Statistics), Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Secondary Education, and many more!
For my teaching practice, I was placed on the main campus of
PSU in Lingayen. The campus is very beautiful and clean. It has a lot of
facilities accessible to all students such as library building, convention
hall, campus canteen, an ENORMOUS field in the middle of the campus area, a
gym, and so many more. The campus even has a dormitory for us to stay during
our program! The dorm has 2 rooms with 5 bunk bed, which means the dorm has 10
beds! It also comes with a bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with sink,
appliances, utensils, a FRIDGE and a working gas stove! Oh and I forgot to mention
that all the bedrooms have air conditioners.
We have a great stay until now. And I really believe that my
stay in PSU with my other SEA Teacher Program delegates will be the best memory
of my life!
See you on the next post! Paalam po!





